As usual, everyone and anyone is welcome: JETs, non-JETs, JTEs and Japanese friends! This is not a JET-only event! A great chance to say catch-up, meet stayers or say goodbye to those leaving Niigata this year.
Please respond on Facebook by Saturday June 16th at 10:00PM! Any later and you may be charged extra upon entry. (This is so we can calculate numbers/order food for the barbecue.)
There are 30 spaces for people to stay overnight in the cabins (if you don’t mind getting a little cosy!) People who are volunteering to help with the barbecue will have first grabs and then the other spaces will be open to general attendees. CABIN BOOKING DATE TBA. Keep an eye on the updates!
There are also 4 tents that are available for rent (2,500 yen each).
↓↓ TL;DR ↓↓
Start time: Saturday, June 23rd , 5:30PM
End time: Sunday, June 24th , 9:00AM
Cost (includes some barbecue food): 2,000 yen (3,000 yen for cabin)
***Please RSVP by Saturday, June 16th at 10:00PM***
If you have anyone who wishes to attend who is not on Facebook, please contact the event organiser (Sam Haley) via Messenger to make sure they don’t miss the guest list.
A campsite in the middle of nowhere:
4341-2 Shimo-gumi, Tokamachi-shi, Niigata-ken
アウトランド 〒949-8604 新潟県十日町市下組4341-2
Here is a map (in Japanese):
And another map (Google):
If you plan on arriving at the nearest train stations (Gejo/Tokamachi) please contact Samantha Haley to arrange a lift to the campsite! Gejo is inaka as all heck so trains on the morning are few and far between. It’s recommended to find a buddy to carpool with if you can!
About the location:
Outland is a unique campsite located off Route 117 in the northern area of Tokamachi (called Gejo.) The entire campsite was created single-handledly by Mr. Toshikatsu Serikawa. He’s an amateur carpenter by day and a rock star by night (back in Osaka in the 70s, his band often opened for Yazawa Eikichi.) He still performs now to big audiences! More info here:
***Please use the campsite with respect!***
2,000 yen per person.
3,000 yen per person staying in the cabins.
*Note: If your name is not on the guest list, you will be charged the same price as a cabin attendee. Please RSVP in time!!
Any money left over from food costs/admission will be donated to the AJET charity this year, Japan Red Cross Niigata Chapter.
– Because this is a party for everyone, we expect everyone to chip in and help clean and *take some trash home*! Please don’t leave me with tonnes of trash to take home alone!!
– Bring your own drinks/coolers (also drink responsibly!)
– There will be a BBQ but we always end up with folks who miss out on the food one way or another so it’s advised to *bring extra snacks and food*, especially *breakfast* which is not provided! Drinking on an empty stomach = bad Outland times! Stop by 7-11!
– Bring your own sleeping bags/roll mats/futons (if you don’t mind overlapping futons) as *cabins don’t include bedding*!
– Bring your own tents (Outland does have 4 for rent at 2,500 each, however!)
– Bring your own towel/toiletries for showering (extra cost 300 yen)
– Bug spray is highly, highly, HIGHLY recommended. The bugs out here are MEAN! (I speak from experience and bug bite allergies.)
– Bring warm clothes for night time!